The VI Peel in La Jolla
The VI PeelTM is an excellent choice for healthier, firmer, more youthful skin. This self-neutralizing peel provides dramatic results with virtually no pain, no skin preparation and minimal downtime in as little as seven days. If you are interested in correcting many of the signs of aging, this might be the perfect treatment for you. Drs. Dennis Bucko and Farid Brad Mozaffari offer the VI Peel at their cosmetic surgery practice.
What is the VI PeelTM
The VI PeelTM is a type of chemical peel that is safe enough to use on all skin types but effective enough to fight back against most of the signs of aging. This peel is a minimally invasive way to improve the appearance of your skin.
The VI PeelTM can be used to address:
- Sun damage
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Mild Acne
Best of all, the VI PeelTM is safe enough to be used even on sensitive areas like eyes, neck, chest, and hands.
How does it work?
The VI PeelTM is made of five different acids. These include:
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) provides excellent exfoliation while stimulating collagen production.
- Retinoic Acid (Vitamin A) triggers exfoliation and unclogs the pores while boosting collagen and elastin.
- Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxyl Acid (BHA) with anti-inflammatory properties and acts as an agent to exfoliate skin.
- Carbolic Acid is an organic acid and chemical cauterant used to exfoliate the skin and at low percentages s an effective numbing agent and antibacterial.
- L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is an antioxidant that not only protects the skin from UV damage, it also stimulates collagen and brightens the skin
When used together, these acids work synergistically, increasing each other’s effectiveness.
What can I Expect from VI PeelTM
Each VI PeelTM takes 45 minutes to complete. The peeling process usually takes between 5-7 days. A post-peel kit is given after each VI PeelTM to help improve the appearance of the flaking that occurs.
Am I a Candidate?
Nearly anyone that is interested in improving the appearance of their skin and fighting back against signs of aging is a potential candidate for the VI PeelTM. This treatment is safe enough to be used on all skin types.
Are you interested in experiencing the rejuvenating benefits of the VI PeelTM for yourself? Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation. We’re proud to provide this enriching peel to patients within the San Diego metropolitan area.