Breast Implant Removal San Diego, CA
Belladerma Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Care Center offers breast implant removal for residents of San Diego, La Jolla, and Carmel Valley, as well as surrounding areas of California. There are many reasons why someone would choose to have their breast implants removed.
What Is Breast Implant Removal or Exchange?
Breast implant removal is a surgery to remove saline or silicone implants after breast augmentation, also known as breast enlargement. Breast implant exchange is the replacement of a patient's current implants with new implants.
Reasons why someone may consider breast implant removal or exchange are:
- Increase or decrease the size of the implants
- Scarring inside the breast cavity
- Ruptured implant
- Lifestyle changes, such as starting a new career, getting married, or starting a family
- Availability of new implant shapes and textures
- Lifetime of implants (generally 10 years)
How Much Does Breast Implant Removal or Exchange Cost?
The average cost of breast implant removal or exchange at Belladerma Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Care Center starts at $5,500. As part of your consultation, we explain the costs associated with your personalized treatment and skin care plan. Multiple financing options are available, and you can apply before your consultation.
Why Choose Belladerma Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Care Center for Your Breast Implant Removal?
- Over 16+ years dedicated to the art and science of plastic surgery
- Performed more than 3,500 successful breast enhancement procedures
- Double Board Certified and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Hands on and engaged about your results and care
- Up-to-date on the latest plastic surgery trends and techniques
- Accommodates Spanish-speaking patients
- Respectful of your time
- Human touch in everything we do by investing a great deal of time and care into each patient appointment
- Excellent bedside manner
- Conveniently located with plenty of parking
Experience matters. Dr. Mozaffari has been practicing plastic surgery for more than 14 years and has successfully performed over 3500 breast surgery procedures.
Dr. Mozaffari is actively involved in the plastic surgery community as a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He stays up to date with the latest breast implant removal techniques and technology to enhance patient outcomes.
How Is Breast Implant Removal or Exchange Performed?
Whenever possible, Dr. Mozaffari, who is an experienced breast implant removal surgeon, prefers to use the same incision lines as your breast augmentation procedure, but this is not always possible or necessary. If he does use new incision lines, steps are taken to ensure that the resulting scar is well-hidden. He may remove any scar tissue that is present before the implant is removed, or it may be more beneficial to remove the implant first.
Once the implant is removed, he will tighten the tissues if the implant is not to be replaced. If you are exchanging your implants, he works in the breast cavity to correct any issues that may allow the implant to shift or not be positioned properly.
Your procedure may involve the addition of fat grafts to refine the shape and continuity of the breasts. You can see the results of the technique in our breast implant removal fat transfer before and after pictures.
What is Recovery Like After Breast Implant Removal or Exchange?
Recovery from breast implant removal tends to mirror the initial breast augmentation procedure, averaging six to 12 months for complete healing.
Dr. Farid Brad Mozaffari is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who offers breast implant removal for residents of San Diego, La Jolla, Carmel Valley, and the surrounding communities in California. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.